What's your Al IQ? Put yourself to the test.
|You are Visitor No:
So, you think you're a Pacino fan eh?
You've seen every movie, you can quote every
line, but do you know his shoe size? Put yourself to the test and see what your Al IQ is.
If you see a box on the left of each question
that says "Answer" click on it to see the answers
as you go. If you don't see a box there go to the bottom of the page (here) for the answers.
(This was completed in Feb. 2001 so the answers are only current up to that date.)
1) In the late 1960's, Pacino appeared in an episode of what TV series?
2) The star of that series later appeared in a film of Al's. Who was the star and what film was it?
3) Al's girlfriend at the time, a famous actress, was also in this episode. Who was she?
4) Pacino almost dropped out of "Dog Day Afternoon" and another actor was waiting to take his place, but then Pacino changed his mind and went on to do the movie. Who was the actor who almost had the role?
5) Years later Pacino was offered another film that he turned down. It was then offered to the very same actor who almost replaced him in "Dog Day Afternoon." Al's replacement went on to win an Academy Award for this role. Who was the actor/film?
6) Which famous actor was Pacino's roommate back when they were starting out in New York? This actor went on to star with fellow Pacino thespians Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Paul Sorvino, Jon Voight, Mykelti Williamson, and also worked for directors Francis Ford Coppola and Oliver Stone; but to-date, he has not worked with Pacino.
7) What film did Pacino turn down which this former roommate went on to star in?
8) Where was Al born?
9) Name a musical instruments Al plays.
10) What city in Sicily are Al's grandparents from?
11) What was Al's first TV appearance?
12) What is the first line Al spoke on film?
13) How many times has he been married?
14) Name four actresses he has dated.
15) How many children does he have and what are their names?
16) What's his astrological sign?
17) When is his birthday?
18) What are his parents names?
20) Has he had any substance abuse problems?
21) When he was cast in "The Godfather" he had to drop out of another movie and was sued by the producers. Name the movie.
22) What actor who later starred in a Godfather sequel replaced him in this movie?
23) Is he left handed or right handed?
24) How was he injured during filming "Scarface"?
25) How was he injured during filming "Scent of a Woman"?
26) In Junior High School Al was voted most likely to... what?
27) What is the name of his production company and what does it stand for?
WHAT MOVIE IS THIS LINE FROM?
28) "I'm too old for that"
29) "Do you put out?"
30) "You have just said goodbye to oxygen. You silly, stupid cop."
31) "I think I've got a little too much empathy for my own good."
32) "Ain't my fight."
33) "Attica! Attica!"
34) "There is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthesis for that."
35) "I fought for you and I still fight for you."
36) "Fame is the first disgrace. God knows who you are."
37) "My father is no different than any other powerful man -- any man who is responsible for other people, like a senator or president."
38) "I will not go down that way. I choose to fight back"
39) "I feel like I got the London Philharmonic up my ass here. "
40) "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."
41) "I'm confused just saying it to you, so I can imagine how you must feel hearing me talk. It's very confusing. I don't know why we bother even doing this at all."
42) (about love) "Overrated. Biochemically no different from eating large quantities of chocolate."
43) "Who am I? I'm a spoke on a wheel. And so are you."
44) "All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time."
45) "There's a lot about me you don't know."
46) "That's what a leader's about: sacrifice. The times he's gotta sacrifice because he's gotta lead, by example. Not by fear and not by self-pity."
47) "You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!"
48) "No ex-husband of Gloria's ever has to apologize to me about anything. We're like a little club."
49) "If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
50) "You can get killed walkin' your doggie!"
So how did you do? See how you rate on the Pacino fan scale.
1-10 LOSER You call yourself a fan? Go read Andrew Yule's, "Life on the Wire", the unauthorized biography of Al.
11-20 NEED WORK Better but can you really say you're a true Al fan? You need to make a trip to the video store for some more research.
21-30 GOOD FAN You know your Al trivia, but you could know more. Can you ever know too much Al info? Well, probably...
31-40 GREAT FAN Excellent! You are a true fan.
41-50 STALKER Get therapy you freak. He's just a man!!
ANSWERS FOR THE JAVA IMPAIRED
1) N.Y.P.D., which ran from 1967 to 1969
2) N.Y.P.D. starred Jack Warden, who later starred in And Justice For All as crazy Judge Rayford.
3) Jill Clayburgh
4) Dustin Hoffman
5) Dustin Hoffman / Kramer vs. Kramer
6) Martin Sheen
7) Apocalypse Now, as Captain Willard, in which Sheen had a heart attack and was given last rites on the set. Harvey Kietel was also set to star but left two weeks into filming. In a 1979 interview Pacino humorously commented on Coppola asking him to play Willard, -- ...he wanted me to do it. I told him I had not been in the Army and I did not intend to go into the Army now, and it I were to go, I would not want to go to war with him.
8) Harlem, NY --- A couple of years later he moved to the Bronx where he grew up in a tough neighborhood near the famous Bronx Zoo.
9) piano, bongo drums or harmonica
11) WHEEL OF FORTUNE. No, not the one with Vanna White. When Al was twelve he and his friend Brucie were playing at a construction site. Brucie slipped on some rocks and ended up clinging for dear life to a pipe over the edge of a pit. Al pulled him to safety. The story ended up on an early fifties tv show called Wheel of Fortune. Al and Brucie were invited to appear and got $2500.00 and $1,000 in prizes.
12) You wanna dance? -- from Me, Natalie with Patty Duke.
13) He has never been married, although he has said he was close a couple of times.
14) Jill Clayburgh, Tuesday Welds, Kathleen Quinlan, Marthe Keller, Diane Keaton, Penelope Ann Miller, or Beverly D Angelo
15) Three: Julie, born around 1990 with acting teacher Jan Tarrant, Anton and Olivia, twins born January 25, 2001 with actress Beverly D'Angelo
17) April 25, 1940
18) Rose who died when he was twenty-one, and Salvatore. They divorced when Al was two.
20) He gave up drinking in 1977, and has given up smoking except for herbal cigarettes
21) The Gang That Couldnt Shoot Straight
22) Robert De Niro
24) He grabbed a gun that had just been fired by the barrel and burned his hand.
25) He fell and scratched his eye in the bushes during the scene where Slade starts to pee in the middle of the street.
27) CHAL Productions. It is a combination of Charles Laughton, his longtime friend and mentor, and Al. Laughton is no connection to the British actor Charles Laughton.
28) Carlitos Way, when his ex-girlfriend played by Penelope Anne Miller dares him to break the door down if he wants to have her.
29) Me, Natalie, to Patty Duke at a party
30) Dick Tracy
31) Chinese Coffee
33) Dog Day Afternoon
34) Scent of a Woman at Charlie's trial
36) Local Stigmatic
37) Godfather of course! Too easy.
38) City Hall in a speech.
39) Sea of Love in the restaurant with the enthusiastic violinist.
41) Looking For Richard, after trying to explain the plot of Richard III and getting confused himself.
42) Devil's Advocate
43) Donnie Brasco
44) Glengarry Glen Ross
46) Any Given Sunday
47) if you didnt get this one you must live in a cave. And Justice for All of course!
48) Author! Author!
49) Godfather II